Welcome to another rainy weekend! Whether you’re staying at home or going out, check out our roundup of the things to do in the coming days.
eats and drinks
- Take cover from the rain and head to a new location this weekend: Here are eight bars and 15 restaurants that are now open in the Seattle area.
- Portland’s vegan food scene is booming! If you are in our neighboring city in the south, you will find our travel writer’s opinion (and some recommendations!) Here.
- Fancy something sticky and decadent? Make this recipe for Boba-inspired brownies.
Movies and television
- Here’s a list of what’s new in streaming services like Video on Demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and more.
Art and community events
- With all the humidity in the atmosphere, the mountains get their first big snowfalls and that just means: the ski season is closer than ever! Get ready to shred down the mountain at the Newport Ski Swap. Or, here is a list of other fun things to do in Seattle over the coming week.
- Check out a pseudo-religion generated by artificial intelligence and machine learning in the new exhibit at the Museum of Museums in Seattle.
- Resilience! An AAPI 24-Hour Game Festival is available for streaming this weekend. Seven new plays will be created by 40 actors in 24 hours, each focused on the resilience of the Asian-American and Pacific islanders.
- If you’re brave enough to brave the rain, the Woodland Park Zoo’s WildLanterns are back for the season this weekend. That’s new and what’s different for this year’s show.